Thursday, September 04, 2008

The Foundry

Last week saw a great show at the Foundry- which is an urban/underground/ street/ call it what you will group show in a gritty yet cool bar..... good to put more faces to names - the show has a great mix of urban styles, The Krah, Snub, Rugman, Mr Gauky & Fors being some of my favs..

The Foundry has a weird massive turntable downstairs which begged to be 'surfed'- needless to say.. it got a bit messy as people wizzed round with beers, kinda like having a merry-go-round in a gallery
















This is a proper 'grass roots' show- of thats the right term, artists/ streetsters doing it for themselves, another nice touch was that mostly we knew eachother, which is strangely rare, and well, nice i guess.

This show is only up until Sunday- so go take a look, I had my eye on a few things which I'm kinda kicking myself that I didnt just buy when i was there.
I have this other flag upstairs by the piano called 'Key' which is ironic. Looks a tad more sinister than my previous flags: Approx. 141 x 80 cm Discharge, bleach & dye on vintage american flag.

OPENING NIGHT 28th of August
Exhibition is open until the 7th of September

Down stairs gallery at the Foundry:
86 Great Eastern Street London EC2A 3JL
Old Street tube (exit3) t 020 7739 6900
for more info visit:
www.foundry.tv

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails