Friday, August 20, 2010

Fizzy Pop


hello chaps,

Its Friday and I've been feeling the 1960s vibe, so the studio walls are covered in dolly girls, factory girls, cult legends & red and white twisted psychedelic patterns. I'm collecting some pretty awesome cola signs, this 'Nichol Kola' sign is my first and certainly the start of something of a collection..... I dont drink cola, make my mouth feel abit to sugary, but I love the slick typography. Apparenly its got vitamin B1 added, which has got to be good for you, right?

I watched the fab Julie Christie in 'Darling' the other night, awesome for sixties inspiration, pattern, infidelity, swinging, black eye-liner and a hauntingly good performance by the actress. Theres something lovely and nostalgic about phone boxes, they don't seem to be needed anymore, with everyone shouting on their iphones, but what a beautiful image, so secretive and conspiratorial to be in a phone box calling a lover.

1 comment:

Mick :) said...

They seem less romantic when you've broken down a million miles from anywhere, and don't have a 2p for the slot :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails